An item represents an entity that you want to recognize. Examples of items are logos, physical objects, or drawings, among others. Inside CraftAR there are two types of items: Augmented Reality (AR) and Image Recognition (IR) items.
Check the Image Recognition API to learn how this information is received upon recognition.
An Image Recognition item contains:
- One or more images representing its appearance (i.e. reference image).
- URL returned upon its recognition (optional). Typical uses of the URL include a website with information or a video related to the item.
- Custom data returned upon its recognition (optional). Typical uses of this field include text that describes the item, for instance, product information.
An Augmented Reality item contains:
- A single image representing its appearance.
- An Augmented Reality scene. This scene is rendered automatically once the item is recognized, when the app is running the CraftAR Augmented Reality SDK.