This tutorial will guide you through the necessary steps to get to your first image recognition with CraftAR.
In order to recognize any object, you need first to set at least one reference image for that object. The steps required to set that image are explained in Tutorial: Create an item in CraftAR.
Once you’re familiar with the creation of items and recognizing a few of your objects, the next step is to dive into the development of your own app. Take a look at the Developer Guide section of the Support Center.
Option A. Try image recognition from the web panel
One of the easiest ways to perform your initial tests is using the Image Recognition tool in the web panel.
- Click on ‘Image Recognition’ in the navigation menu on the left.
- Choose the collection that you want the query to be matched against.
- Browse your hard drive or drag&drop for a query image.
After a few seconds (depending on the size of the image and your upload network bandwidth), the results are shown.
The result page shows you the equivalent of what would have happened if your app had taken the image that you just used to query the system.
What we see in this page of results is several elements.
- Query image: this is the information about the image file that you just uploaded to query the system.
- Recognized items within <your collection>: this populates a list of items that match your query and indicate the recognition score for each one of them. You can click on any of the results to visit that item.
- Using the Recognition API: this section provides information for developers that want to replicate the same query using the Image Recognition API. The request example with cURL is the line of code that you would execute on a terminal. The JSON response is the structure of the response that the API provides, which is then typically parsed by one of our SDKs to present the results.
Option B. Use the CraftAR mobile app
You may also want to try using the CraftAR mobile app. In this case, you’ll need to download the app and introduce the Token of your collection in the Settings section of the app.